Cortez sandhills

  • Dennis Garrison
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3 3:50 PM
      My niece, her husband, and I spent a couple hours in the wind today birding around Cortez.  The best birds of the day were four sandhills on a farm pond just north and east of 23 and L.  We saw dozens of eagles, including one on a nest near the sandhills, two skunks, and fifty elk.  Two unidentified gulls at Totten, probably ring-billeds, and at least two groups of western bluebirds.

      Dennis Garrison
      Cortez this weekend