Winter Raptor Field Trips, Feb 11, 12, and 18

  • Jason Beason
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 10, 2012
      The Black Canyon Audubon Society's winter raptor field trips will be held on 11, 12, and 18 February this year.  We typically find at least 10 species of diurnal raptors in this area during both days.

      We will cover the Crawford, Hotchkiss, and Paonia area on the 11th and 12th.  Please contact me, via email or the phone number below, to reserve a spot both of these days.  We will limit the number of participants to 12 each day to keep things safe on the roads.  We will meet at 9 am at the Hotchkiss City Market both mornings.  I will lead on the 11th and Jim LeFevre will lead on the 12th.

      Also, Bill Harris will lead a trip in the Montrose Area on 18 February.  Please contact Bill @ trlgpa@... to reserve a spot for his trip.  I am not certain how many participants he would like to have on his trip.

      We request a $5 donation for each participant to assist with the fall banding station at Ridgway State Park.  The banding station is a project run by Black Canyon Audubon Society and Rocky Mountain Bird Observatory.

      Thank you!

      --
      Jason Beason
      Special Monitoring Projects Coordinator
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 10, 2012
        Hi All,
        The Montrose raptor field trip on Feb. 18th will meet at 9am,
        Downtown City Market, S.E. corner.  Limited to 12 participants.
        Will try to carpool to keep things safe on the roads.
        email me as noted below to reserve a space.
        Thanks,
        Bill Harris