Barrow's Goldeneyes etc, Carbondale, Garfield Cty

  • Dick Filby
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 8, 2012

      Hi all

      Spent a few hours birding this morning, Sunday, with Tom McConnell around the Glenwood Springs area in the aftermath of yesterday’s snowstorm.  Massive variation in snowfall, with none along Hwy82 on SE side of Glenwood, but up to 8inches in town and along I70..

      Best birds were

      10 Barrow’s Goldeneyes (2 adult males) at Coryell Ranch Carbondale (this afternoon, after I left Tom and headed home– sorry Tom!)

      Northern Shrike – near Rifle

      Only raptors – 3 Bald Eagles, a few Red-tails and American Kestrels, mainly along the I70/Colorado River corridor.

      Good birding all

      Dick Filby

      Carbondale, CO