Birds here in Ouray & Ridgway

  • suehirshman
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2012
      Just wanted to report that the Wood Ducks are still hanging out on the
      small pond north of town. I am sure they come and go, but its really nice to see them. Had a nice surprise last Wednesday when a Dusky Grouse showed up at the Court House right in town of Ouray. It was also seen by another couple that live on 6th st. I got good pictures of the bird and it was quite tame. Didn't see it today.
      Down by the river in Ridgway there were 4 Bald Eagles, but didn't see the Leucistic one. Also about 75-100 Pinyon Jays were busy going in and out of trees and being noisy.
      Started to snow here around 3pm. so that was the end of birding.
      Cheers, Sue Hirshman