No Rosy-Finches at Snowmass

  • Dick Filby
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2012

      Hi all,

      Went to Snowmass Ski area yesterday, Friday and the continued warm sunny and dry conditions were not favourable for Rosy-Finches.

      In an hour late morning, all I saw was a Mountain Chickadee and a Gray Jay.  However the Rosy-Finches are visiting occasionally I am told, and the change in the weather today will hopefully result in more frequent visits to the feeders by the Rosy-Finches.  Let’s see just how much snow we actually get when all is said and done.

      Meanwhile, back at the house, this morning (Saturday) I spotted a Prairie Falcon on the power poles on the hillside above the Blue Lake sub-division, El Jebel

      Good birding all

      Dick Filby

      Carbondale