dipper fest, Gunnison County

  • Dennis Garrison
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2012
      I stopped at the confluence of Muddy Creek and Anthracite Creek to form the North Fork of the Gunnison, where Hwy 133 and the Kebler Pass road meet, and peered over the edge at the open water below.  Within sight were eight dippers either sitting on the edge of the ice or foraging in the water.  Saw another one at Black Bridge in Paonia on the way back to the office.  Bald eagle along the highway above Paonia Reservoir, near the blue heron nest tree.  Lots of turkeys, a rough-legged hawk, solitaires, chickadees, and magpies around and about.  Also saw 5 goats in the Raggeds through the scope.

      Dennis Garrison
      Paonia, Delta County