trumpeter swan, GWF goose, Confluence, Delta County

  • Dennis Garrison
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2012
      Stopped by Confluence after lunch today and the adult trumpeter was out on the ice (another view).  Mixed in with a small flock of napping snow geese was a single greater white-fronted goose, who promptly swam away so I couldn't get a real up-close shot, then took a nap on the ice.  More swan pics at  http://s283.photobucket.com/albums/kk296/Paoniabirds/

      The white-fronted left after Larry showed up but the swan stuck around until we all departed.

      No sign of the blue jay today but I heard it and the Hotchkiss CBC made the GJ paper.

      Dennis Garrison