recent local birds

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 30, 2011

      Finally, a small flock of Lesser goldfinches showed up at our thistle feeder a couple days ago.  I’ve never (in 12+ years) had thistle sit out there untouched for so long!  Yesterday I went snooping around my area of the upcoming Grand Mesa CBC, did not find much, and I suppose these qualify as my best birds: Northern shrike 1, Rock wren 1, Canyon wren 1, and American dipper 5.  Biking along the Colorado River here in GJ this morning, I found a Peregrine and a Pipit.  Good boid’n!  Larry