Re: [wsbn] Nucla birds

  • bill harris
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 29, 2011
      Say's Phoebe also spotted at the Bridges in Montrose.
      Not sure if the species was noted during bird count here.
      Bill Harris
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 11
        I think we have got all the bugs worked out with our new computer system. Thanks to all of you that responded when I asked if I was making contact via wsbn.
        We have been birding locally. Yesterday we drove to Miramonte to see shorebirds. Present were, American Avocets, Killdeers, Solitary Sandpiper, Least Sandpipers, and Wilson Phalarope (16). One Black Phoebe was southeast of Norwood in San Miguel County at over 7000 feet elevation.
        Today near Nucla we found 6 species of warblers, all expected.
        Migration is in full swing.  Since 1 August, around Nucla, we have tallied over 100 species. We are overdue for a good rare bird to make a showing somewhere.
        Coen and Brenda