Pygmy Owl

  • Jane McGarry
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 19, 2011
      In Utah last week enjoying canyons, rock art, biking, and birding. The
      bird highlight was seeing a pygmy owl perched in a tree surrounded by
      six scolding kinglets. The owl finally flew to a nearby juniper snag,
      pursued by kinglets, and flew off again, kinglets following.
    • Leon Thurmon
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 9, 2012
      Hi All WSBN Birders,

      On a recent trip to the Matheson wetlands preserve in Moab, We were in luck to see a Pygmy Owl perched right above the trail.  A first for me.  Attached photo.

      Leon