Burrowing Owls

  • mcginley@acsol.net
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 12, 2011
      Helen Traylor, Rebecca Frank, and I found two Burrowing
      Owls on 2.8 Rd. on October 6, but they were gone by October
      9. According to "the book" by Coen et al, the latest
      sighting had been Oct. 4!
      Kathleen
    • Shep & Mary Harris
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 14, 2014
        Does anyone know of a spot to see burrowing owls on the drive from Paonia to Ouray? A mile mark would be great!
        Thanks,
        Mary Harris
      • kendall@sopris.net
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 16, 2014
          Re: [wsbn] Burrowing Owls Funny ...Robin wants to know where to find burring owls in GJ...
          Thank you, Kendall
          GWS

          On 7/14/14 4:45 PM, "'Shep & Mary Harris' smnharris@... [wsbn]" <wsbn-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          Does anyone know of a spot to see burrowing owls on the drive from Paonia to Ouray? A mile mark would be great!
          Thanks,
          Mary Harris

        • LonePine
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 20
            FOS - Two Burrowing Owls seen in Grand County, Utah
            Mark & Denise

            Sent from my iPad
          • LonePine
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 24
              FOS. Burrowing Owls in Mesa County. One had been predated upon by a fox or coyote, according to the condition of the remaining feathers. Another was standing on a prairie dog burrow.
              Mark & Denise

              Sent from my iPad
            • LonePine
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 17
              Things are looking up for Burrowing Owls this year in Mesa County
              Mark & Denise
              Grand Junction
            • Leon Thurmon
              Message 7 of 8 , Jun 26
                Hi Birders,

                For those keeping up with and/or counting Burrowing Owls, I found a family beyond the end of 33 rd south.  There appeared to be 3 young with adults.  If you need more specifics, contact me.

                Leon T.
                Palisade