The last Black Swift Chick!

  • suehirshman
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 9, 2011
      Hi All,
      Just have to report that finally the last Black Swift chick left this
      morning(Sun.Oct.9th)between 7:45 and 9:30a.m. Hopefully the adults and
      chick are on their way to their winter home. This chick set a record for
      staying the longest of any chicks and also the oldest!! He was 58 days old. It was a strange year with only 6 chicks total. Also late in arriving, laying their eggs and of course hatching. Not the best year,
      by far!! I miss them already, but now I may have more time to do other
      things. Yeah, yeah!!
      Best of birding to all,
      Sue of Lake Lenore/Ouray