a Sharp Shinned Hawk forgot to fly.....

  • alice_m_newberry
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 8, 2011
      I was eating lunch and saw a Sharpie glide in. Soon there was a commotion and I got up to see. I suspect it got or thought it had a quail because it was running across the side yard, along the tree line. It did not look dignified then, but the situation got worse! When it got to the fence, it flung itself into the chain link in an attempt to get through. After repeated attempts and great dishevelment of head feathers, the Sharpie shook itself and...flew away! WOW!
      Alice Newberry
      Mesa County
      PS I looked all over, but found no injured or dead birds.