More Nucla Migration

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 7, 2011
      Greetings,
      This afternoon between 200 and 300 Turkey Vultures were flying about looking for a passage south.  We had a storm blow in from the south and the vultures just kept piling up.  I counted 200 birds and then discovered that I missed another large group.  I have never seen such a bunch since Veracruz, Mexico.
      Other migrants, male Williamson's Sapsucker, two Orange-crowned Warblers, Western Tanager, and many Chipping Sparrows were all in our yard this morning.  The Broad-tailed Hummingbird put in a quick appearance this morning and then may have moved on.
      Good birding,
      Coen and Brenda