Nucla migration

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6, 2011
      Greetings,
      Today we had at least three groups of Turkey Vultures that were grounded by the storm.  I would guess maybe as many as 50 vultures were in the Redvale and Nucla areas.

      There was a single White-faced Ibis at two locations, one near Nucla and one at Redvale.  The 8 Long-billed Dowitcher Brenda found yesterday at Redvale were not there today.

      Two large flocks of Chipping Sparrows were located, one near Nucla and one in Redvale.  Several Savannah Sparrows were weathering the storm west of Nucla.

      Our Broad-tailed female/juvenile was still present today.  We will keep the feeders inside tonight so the hummer will have room temp nectar in the early morning.

      One last note; In a large flock of migrating geese a small goose was present.  I suspect the goose was a Lesser and not a Cackling but will never know.  To me it seems about 95% plus of our small Canada Goose types turn out to be Lessers.

      Good time to be out,
      Coen