PBGR at 12095 feet

  • Craig Dodson
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2011
      Saturday, 10/1/11, I had a single Pied-billed Grebe on top of Independence Pass at 12,095 feet. It was making shallow dives and preening in the small pond on the east side of the road, opposite the parking area. Quite surprising at that elevation.

      Friday, 9/30/11, on Tunnel Drive in Canon City I saw 2 Rufus-crowned Sparrows (ad/HY), one Canyon Towhee, one Canyon Wren and 20 or so Rock Wrens.