Divide Creek Hawkwatch

  • Tom & Kay McConnell
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2011
      Kay & I visited the Divide Creek Hawkwatch site on Uncle Bob Mountain (Mesa) today for a few hours.  Weather was pleasant and birding was fair until storm clouds came in a 1130, the temp dropped, and the wind died.  No hawks after 1130am.

      Start 930am, Temp 55’, Sky 0 (Clear), Wind 2

      Cooper’s Hawk          1
      Northern Goshawk    1
      Red-tailed Hawk       9
          RTHA Juvi.             1
      American Kestrel      1

      End 1230pm, Temp 58’, Sky 4 (Mostly Cloudy), Wind 2

      Other landbirds around included many Steller’s Jays and Ravens, Clark’s Nutcracker, Mountain Bluebirds, “Myrtle” Warbler, Chipping and “Mtn” White-crowned Sparrows.  We saw a Turkey Vulture on the way out near Silt, my latest date around here Oct 2, 2008 also at Silt.

      The aspens were awesome!

      Tom & Kay