Re: more on hummingbirds

  • mesaverde_99
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 16 7:09 AM
      Cup of coffee in hand here. . .

      I never had many hummers this season. I'm thinking this is because our weather was so weird and it took summer forever to get here. It does seem as though I am seeing a few more these past few days, mainly broadtails. I believe that the male rufous have left, but there are females around. There just seems to be more harmony around the feeder these days.

      I seem to be getting a lot more birds at the seed feeders since about 2 weeks ago. While it was mainly pine siskens, recently many more Cassins finch are spending time here. I've had a lot of juncos in the yard, a few crossbills. And most recently, Clark's nutcrackers have decided they like it here too. I have seen robins in the yard, but I never get many of those.

      So that's the update from the High Country.

      Debbie Tyber
      Breckenridge
      Elev: 10,100 or so