cordilleran flycatcher, unidentified gull, Grand Mesa

  • Dennis Garrison
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2011

      There is a cordilleran flycatcher  nesting at the Grand Mesa Visitor's Center once again this summer.  Look up and left as you turn towards the door of the restroom.

      Both mom and dad posed for some pics this afternoon as they foraged.

      Also, there was a gull, possibly a ring-billed (I never got a close look) foraging and flying around Island Lake today on the Grand Mesa.  Elevation of the lake surface is about 10,200 or a hair more.  First gull I recall seeing on that, or any other, lake on the top of the Mesa.

      Dennis Garrison
      Paonia, Delta County