Fw: bird ID

  • Lara Duran
    Message 1 of 1 , May 9, 2011

      An interesting observation reported to me.

      Lara Duran, Wildlife Biologist
      Eagle-Holy Cross Ranger District
      White River National Forest
      970.328.5899 office
      970.328.6448
      lduran@...

      ----- Forwarded by Lara Duran/R2/USDAFS on 05/09/2011 11:02 AM -----
      Samuel Massman/R2/USDAFS

      05/09/2011 10:21 AM

      Lara Duran/R2/USDAFS@FSNOTES
      cc
      Subject
      Fw: bird ID

      This is the bird that was hanging out in the little "puddle" here at the HX office last week (I left you a phone message)....Don looked it up...Cool eh?

      Sam Massman
      Wilderness and Trails
      Eagle/Holy Cross Ranger District
      White River National Forest
      (970) 827-5162
      smassman@...

      ----- Forwarded by Samuel Massman/R2/USDAFS on 05/09/2011 10:20 AM -----
      Don R Dressler/R2/USDAFS

      05/06/2011 12:57 PM

      Samuel Massman/R2/USDAFS@FSNOTES
      cc
      Subject
      bird ID

      glossy ibis
      The long, curved bill of the Glossy Ibis is used for probing soft earth and mud. Found along the Gulf and east coast. Compare with White-faced Ibis, a more western species.

      Don Dressler
      Winter Sports / Trails Administrator
      Eagle/Holy Cross Ranger District, White River National Forest
      P.O. Box 190, Minturn, CO 81645
      (970) 827-5157
      drdressler@...