Upcoming Roaring Fork Audubon trip Hart's Basin/Fruitgrowers reservoir this Saturday May 7th

  • Dick Filby
    Message 1 of 1 , May 5, 2011

      Hi all,

      Members and non-members alike, all are welcome to join the Roaring Fork Audubon trip to Hart's Basin/Fruitgrowers reservoir and surrounding area this coming Saturday 7th May. The weather forecast for Saturday is great – sunny and in the 70’s. Be sure not to pass up this opportunity to visit one the best sites around here.

      The trip will be led by Linda Vidal, ably assisted by one of our local birding experts, Tom McConnell. Both will have telescopes to help you enjoy the birds.   With spring migration in full swing, and the reservoir in great shape, we are sure of a great outing. Recent reports from Hart’s Basin in the past few days are of a great variety of waterfowl and shorebirds, as well as many other birds.  The trip is free, but registration is required – please call Linda Vidal 970-704-9950 to register and to get further details.

      Car pooling is encouraged and will be promoted where possible.

      Join in and have a great Saturday!

      Dick Filby

      Roaring Fork Audubon