Wilsons' Sniipe, Alamosa County

  • Virginia Simmons
    Message 1 of 1 , May 5 2:01 PM
      Today on North River Road between Colorado 17 and State Street, at north end of Alamosa Ranch, a Wilson's Snipe performed its erratic flight - the first time I have seen one flying above ground. (You call that flying!!??) It was approx 10-12 feet above ground, zigging, zagging,jerking up and down. Then it flew across the road, south to north, in front of my car and disappeared in the field. Quite a treat. Since I was driving, I didn't hear any sound from it or see it again after it landed. Numerous beautiful Swainson's Hawks can be seen here now.
      Virginia Simmons, Del Norte