Today at No Name

  • Tom & Kay McConnell
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30, 2011
      Same ol' nasty weekend weather here as well.  Today among the dozens of Gray-headed Juncos here was one Pink-sided still hanging around.  Also FOS "Mountain" White-crowned Sparrow and Hermit Thrush.  Yesterday we had FOS Mourning Doves and Chipping Sparrows.  Things were really quiet  while a Cooper's Hawk perched on the back of one of the patio chairs.  Still no hummingbirds, normal date here is around April 20th.

      Tom McConnell
      Glenwood Springs

    • Tom & Kay McConnell
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 5, 2014
        There were barely any birds at our feeders for the past two days even with the lousy weather.  Today I found the sharpie hiding in a juniper.

        Tom McConnell
        Glenwood Springs

      • Tom and Kay McConnell
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 23, 2014
          Two Bald Eagles courting, locked talons very cool.  Tom

        • Tom & Kay McConnell
          Message 4 of 4 , May 3, 2015
            More birds moving in at No Name:

            Band-tailed Pigeon – 22 Today
            Violet-Green Swallows – Many Again
            Western Kingbird –1 (FOS here, many downvalley around Rifle yesterday)
            House Wren (FOS Cleaning out one of the nest boxes)
            Black-headed Grosbeak (FOS Male)
            Lazuli Bunting (2nd of season)

            Rafters back on the river too.

            Tom McConnell