Great-horned sleeping in Paonia, Delta County

  • Dennis Garrison
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 14, 2011
      The GHOW that has been lurking around the east end of Paonia was happily napping on a power pole in my yard this afternoon, opening its eyes only enough to contemplate the prey-sized yorkies my landlady has running around in the yard.  We put the dogs inside for safekeeping and had a neighborhood owl-viewing party for a little bit.

      No sign of use on the Colorado Street nest yet.  I did not look for the pygmy owl today, but shall endeavor to find it for the GBBC this weekend.

      Dennis Garrison
      Paonia, Delta County