Barrow's at Confluence again, Delta Cty

  • Dennis Garrison
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2011
      This morning around 1030, there were eleven Barrow's goldeneyes in the river near the boat launch at Confluence Park in Delta (Delta county).  At around 5, there were a couple mixed in with a large flock of commons on the open water of the lake, but all had their heads down riding out the howling winds.  Total goose count at both 1030 and 1700 was less than thirty, as opposed to a couple thousand the last time I looked.  Amazing what 15 degrees and 20+ mph winds will do.  One imm snow at dusk and around 50 bluebirds this morning.

      Pic from the river should be posted tomorrow, if I don't freeze to death tonight.

      No WTSP in Paonia since Sunday morning.  I posted several pics on the photobucket on Saturday and Sunday, tho.

      Raptors abounded along the highways today, in spite of the weather.  This weekend should be a good one for the North Fork raptor viewing trips.

      Dennis Garrison
      Paonia, Delta County