Feb 5, 6, and 12 raptor trips - Black Canyon Audubon Society

  • Jason Beason
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2011
      There are still many openings available for the popular BCAS raptor
      field trips. This year we are offering three dates and two routes.
      We will see a good variety of raptors including Rough-legged Hawk,
      Ferruginous Hawk, Prairie Falcon, and a wide variety of Red-tailed
      morphs. Optional donation of $5 requested to raise funds for our
      Ridgway State Park fall banding station for all days. Trips will be
      rescheduled if we get bad weather.

      Saturday, Feb. 5 (led by Jim LeFevre), and Sunday, Feb. 6 (led by Jason Beason)

      On both days we will look for raptors in our traditional
      Crawford-Hotchkiss-Paonia "golden triangle" area. Participants should
      bring a lunch and drinks. Meet in the Hotchkiss City Market parking
      lot at 9 a.m. both days. Limit of 16 participants per day. Contact
      Jason Beason at 970-527-4625 or by e-mail at jason.beason@... to
      register for either day.

      Saturday, Feb. 12, Montrose Raptor Trip (led by Bill Harris)

      We will look for raptors in and around Montrose. Participants should
      bring a lunch and drinks -- and binoculars, if available. Meet in
      southeast corner of Downtown Montrose City Market parking lot at 9
      a.m. Limit of 16 participants. To register, contact Herb Probasco at
      970-252-0918 or by e-mail at herbprobasco@.... In case of
      bad weather, the trip will be on Saturday, Feb. 19.

      Jason Beason
      Paonia - Delta County