feeding the sharpie in Paonia

  • Dennis Garrison
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 11, 2011
      With the biting cold of last night, the feeder was busy at work today, with about 30 juncos, the usual gang of house sparrows, house finches, two American goldfinches, a single nuthatch, a downy, a flicker or two, a Lewis', half a dozen EC doves, and the standard chickadees.

      Half an hour ago, the sharpie showed up, and spent about ten minutes chasing juncos from one bush to the next, unsuccessfully as far as I could see.  I think they are wise to its ways, but with all the feeders in town, I suspect it eats well.  No feathers under the spruces around the office, tho.

      Happy birding, and may you be warmer tomorrow than today.

      Dennis Garrison
      Paonia, Delta county