fox sparrow along Gunnison River, Delta County

  • Dennis Garrison
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2011
      I had a very dark slate-colored fox sparrow fly up into a willow and look at me for a several seconds this morning, about 400 meters upstream from the confluence of the North Fork of the Gunnison and the main Gunnison, on the west side of the main river (the big willow swamp).

      Other birds seen included a dipper, a couple kingfishers, canyon and marsh wrens, lots of song sparrows, flickers, a flock of about 40 pinyon jays, a harrier, two kestrels, a sharpie, eleven bald eagles, one golden eagle, and lots of mallards, wigeon, and common mergansers, along with a few GW teal and ringers.  A couple Canada geese flew over.

      Dennis Garrison