white winged dove /Grand Junction

  • nic korte
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2011
      A few minutes ago, I noticed a dove sitting in my seed feeder here in the middle of GJ.  I've had plenty of MODOs and quite a few Eurasian Collared Doves--but none have ever landed in the feeder. Inspection showed it to be a white-winged dove--which later flew down to a water bath and then into a nearby tree.  I've seen WWDO commonly here, but had missed them so far this winter.

      Nic Korte