cranes!!

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2010

      Evey, et al., we just had 175 +/- Sandhill cranes fly (low!) over our yard in the Redlands on an azimuth directly toward Delta.  I saw no waiting for thermals or any of that nonsense.  ;-)

      Oops!  Another 140+ are inbound, and these are in fact using thermals off of the south wall of our little mesa.

      On 09 Dec 2003, we had 750 +/- fly by here, consisting of many flocks, and during most years we’ve had flyby flocks throughout December, so my guess is that they are still coming...