Williamson Sapsucker, Montezuma County, CO

  • Dean and Mona Hill
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2006
      This afternoon (January 31, 2006) Dean and I were doing some volunteer work
      at Balcony House in Mesa Verde National Park when we saw a male Williamson
      Sapsucker in a Juniper tree. This is earlier than the extreme dates in
      Colorado Birds (Andrews and Righter) and in Birds of Western Colorado
      Plateau and Mesa Country (Righter, Levad, Dexter and Potter) so perhaps it
      is of interest to anyone tracking these dates.

      (Please note: Balcony House is now closed for the winter and public access
      would require obtaining park permission.)
      Mona Hill
      Lewis, Montezuma County, CO