Fwd: Strange bird sighting

  • Missy Siders
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 21, 2010
      Even though this is Front Range (Boulder$, thought folks would be interested... See below
      -Missy

      ^v^  ^V^  ^v^   ^v^   ^V^
                Missy Siders
      ^V^  ^v^    ^v^  ^V^  ^v^

      Begin forwarded message:

      From: John Spencer <spencer@...>
      Date: November 21, 2010 2:40:21 PM MST
      To: Missy Siders <missy.siders@...>, David Sinton <david.sinton@...>
      Subject: Strange bird sighting

      Hi David and Missy-

      I hope you and the family are all well.  I just made a rather bizarre bird sighting in our back yard- a hooded warbler- see attached photo.  Its normal range extends no further west than eastern Texas and Oklahoma, and of course warblers are not supposed to be here in late November anyway.  So I thought you might be interested.  I've reported it to the Colorado Birding Society, but let me know if you have suggestions for anyone else who might be interested to know about it.

      I hope you have a great Thanksgiving!
      Best wishes,
      John

      John Spencer                    spencer@...
      Southwest Research Institute            303 546 9674 (V)
      1050 Walnut St. Suite 300            303 546 9687 (F)
      Boulder CO 80302                www.boulder.swri.edu/~spencer