merlin in Paonia

  • Dennis Garrison
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 16, 2010
      At around 4 pm today, a bird flashed past my living room window and then flew up and sat in one of the trees down the block.  The first merlin I have seen in town this winter!  I suspect it had made a pass at the feeders in the yard and missed, and was contemplating its next move.  It vanished while I was searching for more powerful optics in all this mess.  Hope it sticks around town for a while and lets people see it.

      Dennis Garrison
      Paonia, Delta County