Re: [wsbn] Ridgway birding, Saturday [2 Attachments]

  • kendall@sopris.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 14, 2010
      Re: [wsbn] Ridgway birding, Saturday [2 Attachments] I don’t think I’ve ever seen a live scoter...good photos Brenda, I’d venture a guess because of bill shape..Surf Scoter.
      Kendall
      On the Roaring Fork, Glenwood

      On 11/14/10 9:46 AM, "Brenda Wright" <coenbrenda@...> wrote:

      [Attachment(s) <#TopText> from Brenda Wright included below]

      Greetings,
      Yesterday about 11:00AM a duck was found near the south end of Ridgway Res. with three Green-winged Teals.  Two profile pictures are attached that Brenda took, one from the right and one from the left.  The duck had aberrant plumage, right side compared to the left side.  I am quite sure we know the species.  We will give you a shot at the duck if you like(no pun intended).  Answer coming up shortly!
      Good birding,
      Coen and Brenda