Halloween Treat from Nucla

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2010
    Greetings,
    Today another yard bird, number 157, came for a lengthy visit. This is the 3rd in four days for yard birds. Brenda heard the bird and was able to get several good photos. Attached is one of the photos. This species is not expected at this elevation in western Colorado. It is a mystery photo for you to identify if you desire. If not, we will send you the answer via WSBN tomorrow.
    Good birding,
    Coen and Brenda
  • Robin Nicholoff
    Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2010
      B&C,

      I'll be dipped if it's not a Golden-crowned Kinglet.  What elevation are you at?  I've seen them at roughly 4500 ft (a flock along the Virgin River in Zion NP) and at 10000 ft near Beckwith Pass.  What is their normal altitudinal range?

      Thanks for your posts.

      Robin Nicholoff