birds here

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2010

      My ten-mile bike ride this morning (along both sides of Colorado River between the bridges at Redlands Parkway and Broadway) produced a meager 39 species, nothing to phone home about, best being: lots of swallow activity (four sp) all along the river, a flyby flock of 6 ibis, both grosbeak sp were calling (black-headed and blue), and our mob of pinon jays is still here with all of their entertaining vocals.  Amazingly quiet around here *except* for the jays and hummingbirds!