Craig Area 8/24/10

  • Craig Dodson
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 25, 2010
      Yesterday, 8/24, I checked Loudy Simpson park in Craig to see if Ted Floyd's prediction of a fall out for the front range was true on the western slope and it was not. It seemed unlikely as we did not have rain that night. The warbler sitution at L&S was largely as it was last week. A few less Yellows, a few more Wilson's, a half dozen Mac's, one Northern Waterthrush and two Townsend's. I did not find the Tennessee or the Nashville reported last week. The last time I saw the Tennessee was Monday, 8/16 and did not refind it on Friday, 8/20. I did find a White-breasted Nuthatch and a Hairy Woodpecker that were not there last week. The biggest change was at the pond behind the Moffat County Hiway Department. I had 2 juv. Stilt Sandpipers, 3 Greater Yellowlegs and a possible Solitary Sandpiper. The group of Baird's Sandpipers and the single Semipalm. Sandpiper that were present all last week were gone.