quiet this morning

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 15, 2010

      Taking a quick look at Connected Lakes this morning, the only wildlife I heard prior to 0600 hrs were crickets, the “departure call” of a Great blue heron, and a singing Blue grosbeak.  Later, along Audubon Trail, were two squawking juvie Great-horned owls and several Eastern kingbirds.  Otherwise, all expected species.

      Didn’t see or hear anything unexpected along Blue Heron Trail, but there were gobs of Bank swallows swirling and calling at SMH (stinky mud hole, not St Mary’s Hospital).  Nor anything unusual at the Redlands Parkway ponds, but several kingfishers have emerged from hiding.

      Hummingbirds are quickly “withdrawing” from our yard.

      It’s getting too quiet.

      We need some weather to move the birds around, ja?

      Forrest, I’m tempted to come looking at Loudy-Simpson and your shore bird places!  =)

      Larry

      GJ