recent synapses

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 13, 2010

      Yesterday several of us visited Yankee Boy and other locations around Ouray, enjoyed the scenery, birds, wildflowers, hailstorms (several), cool temperatures, etc.  Mushrooms were sproinging forth everywhere!  We saw several Black swifts on nests in Box Canyon, and a lot of Common nighthawks along US 50 en route home to GJ at dusk.  =)

      We recently had several storms moving in from the Colorado National Monument that were like mini versions of “Texas rain bombs.”  These moved a LOT of birds through our neighborhood.  Hummingbirds continue to peak at our feeders.  =)

      Off-topic but of possible interest to some of you, I recently came across this intriguing resource – Wildlife Law (Freyfogle and Goble, 2009), published by Island Press.  Subject content is wide-ranging, re: both public and private lands.

      More migrants please!