housing for bird bander, Ridgway

  • Cheryl Day
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 10, 2010
      Black Canyon Audubon is having an Educational Bird Banding station at Ridgway State Park September 9 & 10, 13-17. We need a place to house the bird bander from RMBO. I don't know who it will be at this point.

      If anyone in the Ridgway/Ouray area, or even Montrose has an extra room, or a camper they aren't using, it would be a big help. A motel would really break our budget.

      Sheryl Radovich is going to be our educator this year, which will be great.

      Last year (and hopefully this year) we reached every fourth-grade class in the Montrose School District, plus Ouray middle school.

      RMBO will be having a public banding on Saturday, Sept. 11. This will also be the weekend of the Ouray County Bird Count. Coen Dexter will be running it again this year.

      Thanks,

      Cheryl Day
      Hotchkiss

      Cheryl Day

      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.  It's about learning to dance in the rain."