Jack's Canyon, Mesa County

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 8, 2010

      I forgot to mention my best surprise this morning: both Swainson’s and Hermit thrushes were singing in Jack’s Canyon en route back to GJ.  I’ve been there many times and have never experienced those “ethereal flutists” in a duo there.  Rich Levad convinced me years ago what a sweet place Jack’s Canyon is with its varied array of vegetation; it nearly always presents a surprise or two!  =)

      LA