white egret du jour and other tales

  • Andrea Robinsong
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 7, 2010
      At fruitgrowers' reservoir the three Great Egrets I last saw there had
      been replaced by two canopy feeding Snowy Egrets.

      Three Western Grebes and one Clark's Grebe were showing off tiny fuzzy
      white heads sticking out from under their wings.

      Today at my place I confirmed three new breeders:

      Cassin's Finch carrying food...new yard breeder as far as I know

      Lazuli Bunting

      Evening Grosbeak

      I have also confirmed robin, mouning dove, eurasian collared-dove,
      starling, white-breasted nuthatch, house finch, black-headed grosbeak
      and others.

      good birding!
      andrea robinsong