Scott's Oriole

  • Bob Bradley
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 6, 2010
      To all you persuers of the black and yellow- Yes, they are here, maybe a bit late. It was close to noon today when Doug Shoffner and I heard the song, and I stopped abruptly to see the adult male flying away from us on Brewster Ridge. It was at 39.30030, -109.01105. We had done my Westwater BBS route, and I wanted to go up on the ridge to find some CO year birds. I was certainly not expecting the SCOR. A short walk produced the bird again, and Doug had a new lifer. Coen, that makes at least 5 in the state.

      We also saw an Eastern Kingbird  on S Road, between 6 and 7 Roads. And the Brown Pelican was still at Highline Lake.

      Bob Bradley
      Grand Junction
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 6, 2010
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 6, 2010