Postings on WSBN this year

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2010

      The birding network / reporting of birds has definitely changed over the last 10-20 years!  With Vic Zerbi establishing our west slope birding network, and with Dick Filby moving it onto Yahoo, I am seeing an increase of reports with each passing year.  This year in particular stands out.  I looked at WSBN postings for the first five months of 2010, which for the most part documented our wintering birds and the arrival of our spring migrants, and I decided to summarize this in terms of total postings, number of persons reporting, and to break these out by county:

      MOFFAT – 11 posts, 3 persons reporting

      ROUTT – 21 posts, 3 persons reporting

      GRAND – no reports

      RIO BLANCO – 9 posts, 5 persons reporting

      GARFIELD – 43 posts, 8 persons reporting

      EAGLE – 20 posts, 6 persons reporting

      PITKIN – 9 posts, 3 persons reporting

      SUMMIT – no reports

      MESA – 139 posts, 24 persons reporting

      DELTA – 170 posts, 16 persons reporting

      MONTROSE – 26 posts, 3 persons reporting

      GUNNISON – 9 posts, 5 persons reporting

      SAN MIGUEL – 3 posts, 2 persons reporting

      DOLORES – 2 posts, 2 persons reporting

      OURAY – 13 posts, 3 persons reporting

      SAN JUAN – 1 post, 1 person reporting

      MONTEZUMA – 26 posts, 5 persons reporting

      LA PLATA – 2 posts, 2 persons reporting

      ARCHULETA – 2 posts, 2 persons reporting

      In sum, 64 persons have reported west slope birds in 506 postings since the beginning of the year.  The above was a quick tally of all emails I received via WSBN, and there could easily be errors or omissions.  If you see any errors, or have questions, please let me know.  Thanks!

      Note – some of the math here might appear to be incorrect, e.g., if Coen goes on the road and reports birds from several counties, he, as one person reporting, can generate several county “reports” that are broken out in the above.  Make sense?

      Sincere thanks to everyone for posting your birds, and good birding!

      Larry

      GJ