American Redstart Carbondale, Garfield County

  • Dick Filby
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2010
      Hi all,

      An American Redstart was reported this morning by Jonathan Lowsky along the Rio Grande Trail, 1/4 mile up from the Catherine Store bridge .

      I looked for it from 12:30 - 4pm, along the first halfmile of the trail... alas, no sign

      Plenty of Yellow Warblers (including nest building), Warbling Vireos (also nest building), Osprey carrying a fish upriver towards El Jebel, several Western Wood Pewees and an unidentified (silent and brief) empidonax flycatcher,

      Good birding all

      Dick Filby
      Carbondale