Swans in Austin (Delta County)

  • Bill / Cheryl Day
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 14, 2005
      Dave G. called from his cell phone today about 4:15 pm and said there were
      two, probably three swans in the Gunnison River. Two, an adult and a
      juvenile, were visible from the North-South bridge in Austin. He thought
      there was another adult, but they were almost around the bend of the river.
      He didn't have a scope with him to identify them.

      Austin is about six miles east of Delta on Hwy. 92.

      Bill and I went down immediately to look but didn't see them.

      Cheryl Day
      Hotchkiss
      (sorry about posting my last message about the Delta CBC without identifying
      who I was)