Nucla area birds!

  • coenbrenda
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 8, 2005
      Greetings,
      This cold weather is giving us itchy feet to head south to find warmer
      conditions. Nucla was 7 below last night. That is the price one pays to
      live at 6000 feet I guess. We will soon be on our way to winter in
      Costa Rica however.
      Sure are a lot of bluebirds and yellow-rumps around this year. Today
      east of Redvale there were two Sandhill Cranes standing in a stubble
      field which was covered with about 4 inches of snow. We found snipe at
      two locations near Norwood. There are a good number of hawks, eagles
      and falcons around due to a great rodent year.
      Nucla is full of juncos. There are many people who feed birds in town
      and since the snow the birds sure have congregated around the feeders.
      We will try to get a count in a day or two.
      From cool Nucla,
      Coen and Brenda