Common Loon, lots of TUVUs and a big flock of Tree Swallows

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2010
      This evening a Common Loon in full breeding plumage was at the Nucla Town Reservoir. In route one tree had 70 Turkey Vultures roosting. Yes, exactly 70!! I counted three times. As far as I know this is a record number in one spot in western Colorado. I will try for a picture tomorrow morning. A few vultures have been around Nucla since 22nd.
      This afternoon along the San Miguel River east of Naturita a flock of between 50 and 75 Tree Swallows were trying to feed. The way the wind was blowing this flock may have been the same ones Bob reported in Grand Junction.
      Who knows what with wind may blow in!
      Coen and Brenda