sandhill cranes

  • alice_m_newberry
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 9, 2010
      A group of 80-100 SACR flew low over my house (on the Bluff Trail above Connected Lakes)at 5pm heading NNW--possibly the same group Larry saw. These were flying purposefully, though, not just hanging around (and making a racket)!
      Alice Newberry
      Mesa
      County
    • alice_m_newberry
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 25, 2010
        Hi,
        Today about 3:15pm I saw 14 or 15 sandhill cranes flying SE, quite low, over my house in the Redlands. Only one call! I almost missed them because they were so quiet.
        BTW, I am hearing a Great Horned Owl almost every day am and pm from my house (at dusk and dawn). I would like to see it...and add a Western Screech Owl also.
        Alice Newberry
        Grand Junction
      • mcfadden donna
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 25 12:48 PM
          we saw about 40 low flying sandhill cranes late this morning
          circling over G road and about 25 3/4 road.
          donna mcfadden