Fruitgrowers yesterday

  • Robin Nicholoff
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7, 2010
      It must have been singles day at Fruitgrowers Res. That or temporary
      separations. With Al Haack and his spotting scope we found in an hour:

      a single female Greater (we think) Scaup

      a single male Cinnamon Teal

      a single male American Widgeon

      a single GB Heron hunting plus 3 on nests at the rookery

      more than singles:

      Red Head
      Ring-necked
      Pintails
      Common Merganzers
      GW Teals
      Mallards
      Coots

      Numerous RT Hawks on Redlands Mesa

      Night before last we heard a Northern Saw-whet tooting within a
      quarter mile of the house.

      -Robin